The Hampton House also has 6 clay tennis courts with lights for late games. An on-site tennis pro is available to the members for lessons, clinics, and to organize tournaments. There are several tennis socials scheduled during the year to find friends and partners for play.
Tennis Pro - Ken Schweitzer
We are proud to have an exclusive Tennis Pro dedicated to our private recreational facility. Ken Schweitzer is rated an Elite Professional by USPTA. He was born in Meadvile PA about 40 miles outside of Erie. He took up tennis at the age of 15 where he soon found himself excelling on his High School team. Ken went on to play for Edinboro University in Pennsylvania where he spent 4 years competing for the Fighting Scots.
Ken worked to become a member of USPTA in 1991. IN 2001 Ken and his family moved to Huntsville and became the Hampton House Tennis Pro and has been courtside ever since. As a seasoned professional he is able to teach at any level and we hope you take advantage of having such an accomplished professional at our doorstep.
Come meet privately with our Tennis Pro for a fun hour of one-on-one instruction. If you are new to the game, it's a great way to learn the fundamentals at your own pace. For the accomplished tennis player, our Tennis Pro can help you refine your game.
A semi-private tennis lesson allows you to receive personal instruction with another person (friend, partner, and neighbor) on the court at the same time. If you have a friend who you want to take a lesson with we offer semi-private tennis lessons that are no less instructional than private lessons. As they say, the more the merrier!
You will find three or more individuals in a group setting. They have shared time with out Tennis Pro and will work on basic fundamentals and improving their game. Group lessons are perfect for beginners - they are fun, semi-social, and are in a friendly competitive environment.
We offer 3 FREE starter clinics throughout the year each lasting 1.5 hours. It will be an opportunity for children to be introduced to the game of tennis in a fun and playful environment. Snacks and racquets will be provided.
The Hampton House hosts 3 one hour FREE adult clinics annually. It is an opportunity to introduce tennis to those who are new to the game or even re-introduce it to those who haven't touched a racquet in years. It is a way to meet new friends in a playful, fun environment. It's a chance to find camaraderie with others of the same skill level.
The Hampton House hosts 4 tennis socials annually. Don't miss out on the fun. Bring an appetizer to share and your drink of choice and it's an opportunity to meet your neighborhood fellow tennis players. It's a fun care-free round robin type of play and is for all skill levels. Please contact the tennis pro to sign up. See you on the courts!
Court Reservation Procedures
1. Sign-up sheets for court times are located outside the Hampton House office.
2. All courts may be closed to regular play for official club tournaments. These closings will be posted on the sign-up sheets as in advance as possible.
3. Reservations can be made on a first come first serve basis up to one week in advance. Weekly reservations can be made as far in advance as necessary, but require approval from Pro.
4. Each member can have his or her name on the reservation sheets for future play twice. If more is necessary, it can be approved by the Pro.
Tennis Court Rules
1. Guests are welcome when accompanied by Hampton House members. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guest. You are asked to remember this is a MEMBERS ONLY FACILITY and please do not abuse the guest privilege. Members are responsible for collecting the $5.00 guest fee and placing it in the drop box on the front of the Office. Please help protect your membership and benefits by not inviting people to play who live in Hampton Cove but have chosen not to be Hampton House members.
2. Proper tennis attire must be worn. Regulation flat soled shoes must be worn on courts. Street shoes will damage courts and are not permitted. No running shoes allowed.
3 No food, glassware, or furniture is allowed inside tennis courts. Only tennis players and tennis equipment are allowed on courts. All trash is to be placed in provided containers.
4. All players must exhibit good sportsmanship.
5. Tennis courts are not to be used for anything but tennis.
6. No children are allowed on courts unless they are playing tennis and wearing proper shoes. Please supervise your children.
7. All players must brush their courts after play ends.
8. Juniors are defined as being 17 and under.
9. The courts will be permanently damaged if played on when wet. If courts are damp when touched, they are too wet for use.
10. Courts must be watered periodically during the summer months. Please make sure courts are dry before playing.
11. Must Have Membership Card readily accessible to show attendant.